Problem Solving & Decision Making
|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
|Cost:||Public Courses: £250 + VAT per delegate, £225 each + VAT for two delegates on the same day (call for group discounts)
Closed Courses: please enquire
|Click a date to book:||No upcoming courses|
Problem Solving & Decision Making Training Course
Step into the world of strategic thinking with our intensive Problem Solving & Decision Making course. Every leader knows that the heart of management lies in tackling challenges head-on. But what if you could do it with more finesse, strategy, and confidence?
Here's what you'll gain:
- Robust techniques to dissect complex issues and find viable solutions
- A structured approach to decision-making, ensuring clarity and precision
- The confidence to face any challenge, knowing you have the tools to overcome it
Remember, the best managers aren't just those who can identify problems, but those who can effectively solve them. Equip yourself with a proven process that will not only enhance your problem-solving prowess but also propel your career forward.
Who is the training course suitable for?
Anyone wishing to develop good strong problem-solving skills, which can make a real difference to your career. A fundamental part of every manager’s role is finding ways to solve the problems you face, so being a confident problem solver is really important to your success. Much of that confidence comes from having a good process to use when approaching a problem.
What you will learn on this training course
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why problem solving techniques are important
- Consider popular toolkits to understand the real problem
- Identify Alternatives for approaches to resolve the problem
- Understand the process of decision making
- Create an action plan to implement the best alternative
Introduction & Workshop Objective
- What will we cover today?
- What do I want from the day?
- What is problem solving? Why is it important?
- The 4 steps to problem solving
- The Simplex problem solving process
Defining the Real Problem and Alternative Solutions
- Establish the need for a solution
- Contextualise the problem, write the problem statement
- Identify alternative solutions & involve others to find alternative ways to resolve the problem
- Brainstorm for solutions, what is the risk associated with each alternative?
- Screening the alternatives to find the best idea
Understanding how we Make Decisions
- Functions of the brain in making decisions
- How do we think?
- 5 Golden rules of decision making
Decision Making Tools
- Establish which approach is the most likely to solve the problem for the long-term
- Which is the most realistic alternative?
- Decision Toolkits to help with decision making
Plan to Implement the Best Solutions
- What steps should be taken to implement the best alternative?
- Establish indicators of the success of the plan
- What resources will you need in terms of people, equipment, budgets?
- How to effectively communicate and ‘sell’ the plan to others
- Are you achieving the results expected? Is the plan on schedule?
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only provided for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course
Free PDF Download
Sign-up to our mailing list and get a free Sneak Peek of our 'Excel Introduction' Training Course Manual: