Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
|Cost:||Closed groups of up to 12 delegates: £1 200.00 + VAT|
|How to book:||Please use our contact form or call us 01604 655900|
Suitable for anyone who wants to recognise the difference between Self Doubt and Imposter Syndrome. Imposter syndrome (IS) refers to an internal experience of believing that you are not as competent as others perceive you to be. To put it simply, imposter syndrome is the experience of feeling like a phony—you feel as though at any moment you are going to be found out as a fraud—like you don't belong where you are, and you only got there through dumb luck. It can affect anyone no matter their social status, work background, skill level, or degree of expertise.
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What are we going to cover today?
- What brings you here and what do you want from the day?
- What is Imposter Syndrome?
- How Imposter Syndrome can affect your life and career
- Main causes of Imposter Syndrome
Characteristics of Imposter Syndrome
- The different types of Imposter Syndrome
- Main Characteristics of Imposter Syndrome
- Are you suffering from Imposter Syndrome?
Coping with Imposter Syndrome
- Overcoming the Imposter Syndrome
- The difference between Imposter Syndrome and Self Doubt
- Your brain is like a circuit switch – believe in yourself
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Developing Self-Esteem and Confidence
- What is Self-Esteem?
- Overcoming Negative Automatic Thoughts (NATs)
- Raising Positive Self-Esteem and Core Beliefs
- Improving Self-Awareness
- Building Self-Confidence
Recognising and Supporting Mental Health in the Workplace
- Common Causes and Symptoms of Mental Health
- What can you do to help?
- Promoting positive mental health at work
The Way Forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course
Free PDF Download
Sign-up to our mailing list and get a free Sneak Peek of our 'Excel Introduction' Training Course Manual: